I hope everyone had a good week. As a reminder, tonight is homecoming. I look forward to seeing everyone there. A number of items for this week.
1. Each year we receive a ranking of school districts by the amount received per student. We currently rank 200 out of 368 school districts. One of the things that really jumps off the plate is 38 of the top 43 districts are charter schools.
2. On Tuesday this week I participated...
We are a week closer to the end of the semester and the weather has finally changed. Hopefully, we can go a couple more weeks without a snow day. If that happens our last school day for the fall will be December 22. A few items for the week.
1. The week of December 11 is homecoming for the MS/HS and there will be a lot going on. This is always a fun week and we look forward to many of our alumni coming back for the game.
2. The week of December 18 is finals. Please...
It's 51 degrees outside and given the sun light my room is nearly 80. Hard to believe it is December 1. The good news is every day like this is one less we have to call for snow. Hopefully, we can make it through 1st semester without any snow days. A number of items for this week.
1. Tonight is a home basketball game versus LaCrosse. We have Girls varsity going at 6:00 and the Boys varsity will follow. One of the neat things tonight is Walker Allen will be...
Good Afternoon Fellow Blackhawks,
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. As I reviewed the calendar today, there are four short weeks until the end of the semester. Please check your student’s grades and reach out to their teachers if you have any questions or concerns.
Being a short week, just a few items.
1. Last week I mentioned the lights being replaced in the gyms with new LEDs. I think both gyms are a little brighter, but it is not nearly the drastic difference in...
This past Friday I spent time at a Superintendent meeting where the State Superintendent of Public Instruction, Jennifer McCormick, discussed the newest graduation pathways recommendation from the Indiana State Board of Education. This is the 6th iteration of this document in less than a month, and it is the one that will be voted on at the December 6, Indiana State Board of Education meeting. I have uploaded a copy of the handouts from the meeting and they can be found here....
Tonight kicks off the boys’ basketball season. The intra-squad games will be a good opportunity to see what this year will look like and how we will do repeating as PCC Tournament Champions.
A number of items for this week.
1. As has been the case for years the gyms are a little darker than we would like. This weekend and next week will be upgrading the current bulbs to LED’s. We have already been replacing the bulbs throughout the school, but we will finally...
Beginning Fall of 2015, the MSD of New Durham Township Board of Education and the district and school administration began the process of developing a strategic plan. This summer we posted to the district web page the completed product. This document defines the Mission, Vision, and Beliefs shared by the district. The document also highlights the goals for the district for the next three years. Over the next few weeks, I will focus on each section by describing how we arrived...
It was a busy week. The good news is Thanksgiving Break is right around the corner.
1. Girls Basketball had their first home game Thursday night. The JV is now 2-0. The Varsity team continues to improve, but they have yet to win. The girls are showing the dedication necessary to continue to get better and I believe in Ms. Spurr and Mr. Goeringer, we have two very good young coaches who will carry the program forward. If you get a chance come out and see our Lady...
It was a long wet week; it was nice to finally see the sun today. Hopefully, we will all be able to enjoy our weekend.
1. Middle School Boys Basketball started yesterday evening and the girls first home game is next Friday. Winter sports season has officially kicked off.
2. In case you missed it, here is the article for the fall sports awards that was in the Herald-Argus - http://www.heraldargus.com/sports/westville-fall-sports-award-winners/article_d7a77234-7fa5-58e1-905b-cae0a30da294.html
Tonight is Trick around the Track. This is a great opportunity for children to get to get their costumes broken in and to practice their trick or treat skills in a safe environment. We look forward to having everyone here.
A number of items for today.
1. This fall we will begin installing solar panels on the roof of the building and around the school grounds. This past summer we began the process of installing LED bulbs in our light fixtures. These two items...